EXPERT ADVICE FOR
When you subscribe to HealthBeat, we’ll be in your e-mail inbox every week with the latest breaking medical news, healthy advice, outspoken insights and great health resources.
Good health and longevity require knowledge. Do you believe that modern medicine is the final word on health, or that the FDA and Big Pharma always have your best interests at heart? We'll help you sort the facts from the "spin" so you can make educated choices about your health. From conventional to holistic medicine, with a healthy dose of medical politics in the mix, our team of medical experts will keep you informed and entertained with real health news. Learn More
Dr. Myatt’s Miracle Bread - The follow-up to Dr. Myatt’s Miracle Muffins
Dr. Myatt recently revealed her recipe for Dr. Myatt’s Miracle Muffins – the tasty, heart-healthy, high-fiber, low carbohydrate treat that can be enjoyed guilt-free and cooked in 90 seconds in a microwave oven.
Miracle Muffins are a hard act to follow! But follow it we have…
Work has continued tirelessly here at the Wellness Club Culinary Research Laboratory (also known as Dr. Myatt’s kitchen) and we are proud and pleased to announce that we have developed a similarly tasty, low-carb, high fiber, guilt-free substitute for bread and English Muffins.
That’s right, now you can enjoy a sandwich, or eggs Benedict, or a toasted English muffin even when you are on a strict low-carbohydrate diet!
Not only that, but this recipe is so high in fiber that your gut will love you – one of these and one Dr. Myatt’s Magic Muffin each day is certain to give you “Happy Bowel”!
So, on to the recipe for Dr. Myatt’s Miracle Bread:
Dry Ingredients: (put in one bowl)
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, milled (ground) fine
- 2 heaping tablespoons Organic India Psyllium (it MUST be Organic India brand to work properly – we have not found any substitute that works as well. Most psyllium is ground far too fine and has a slightly harsh, bitter taste!)
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder (I use the "no aluminum" kind from the health food store)
- 1 packet (or 1 teaspoon) of stevia powder
Wet Ingredients (use another bowl)
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- Mix dry ingredients
- Whip egg and water
- Combine and mix
- Place into a small flat-bottomed microwaveable dish or container – we use a square-shaped container for “bread” and a round container for “English Muffins”.
- Microwave on high for 90 seconds.
Makes 2 servings – use a bread knife to make 2 slices. It is best if toasted.
Posted in Cancer, Diabetes, Digestive Health, Family Health, Heart and Circulation, Nutrition and Health, Weight Loss | No Comments »